onsdag 8. april 2009

Free pattern: Anyway - Chunky Hat in Super Bulky Yarn

A new free pattern for you:

Anyway - Chunky Hat in Super Bulky Yarn

Hat

The hat is a really fast knit and was made to use this ball of Super Bulky yarn that was living in my stash.

Materials: Pronto Super Bulky yarn, 100 g (~90 yards)

Needles: 9 mm / US 13

Gauge: 10 stitches / 10 cm (4 inches) in stockinette stitch

Size: Head ;)

M1: Make 1 stitch. Pick up the loop lying between stitches and knit it, making sure to twist it to avoid making a hole.
K2tog: Knit two stitches together.
P2tog: Purl two stitches together.
Sts: Stitches.


Pattern:

Cast on 40 sts. Join to knit in round.
Ribbing: (K2, P2) around for 10 cm/4 inches (about 10 rounds)

Increase rows:
Row 1: (K1, M1, K1, P2) x10 = 50 sts
Row 2: (K1, M1, K2, P2) x10 = 60 sts
Row 3: (K2, M1, K2, P2) x10 = 70 sts

Next: (K5, P2) around for 8 rows (~2.5-3 inches)

Decrease rows:
Row 1: (K5, P2, K1, K2tog, K2, P2) x5 =65 sts
Row 2: (K1, K2tog, K2, P2, K4, P2) x5 =60 sts
Row 3: (K4, P2, K1, K2tog, K1, P2) x5 = 55 sts
Row 4: (K1, K2tog, K1, P2, K3, P2) x5 = 50 sts
Row 5: (K3, P2, K1, K2tog, P2) x5 = 45 sts
Row 6: (K1, K2tog, P2, K2, P2tog) x5 = 35 sts
Row 7: (K2tog, P2tog, K2, P1) x5 = 25 sts
Row 8: (K1, P1, K2tog, P1) x5 = 20 sts
Row 9: K2tog around =10 sts

Break yarn, draw through remaining 10 sts and pull tight.
Weave in ends.

Wear the hat anyway you like:

Hat

Hat Hat

Hat Hat

This pattern is made from looking at the hat I made, and is not testknitted yet.

If you make this hat please let me know! I would love to see what you have created.

**Free pattern for personal use only**
by turvid 2009


Please contact me via email if you need further instructions: turvid at online dot no.

More free patterns here

and in My blog


Hat



Turvid

18 kommentarer:

grethekristin sa...

Kjempe flott lue,tusen takk for oppskriften.
Ønsker deg en riktig god påske.

Irene sa...

Takk for besøk i bloggen min!

Så flott lue!
Den må settes på lista over alt som skal gjøres :-)

God påske!

Line sa...

Hmmm... lurer på om jeg endelig kan få brukt mitt ene nøste Rowan Ribbon Twist.
Kjempefin lue!

Marita sa...

Den var fin Turid, så fint å kunne bruke den på flere måter.

Monai sa...

Så flott lue.Ønsker deg en riktig God Påske.

Tino sa...

Så flott lue! Ønsker deg en fortsatt fin påske:)

Rachel@oneprettything.com sa...

Oh it's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing, I'll be linking to this.

Jennifer sa...

This is gorgeous!

LivM sa...

Super lue, og egentlig er det to, alt ettersom hvordan du tar den på. Ønsker deg en fortsatt fin påske!

lise sa...

For en ultrakul lue! Denne skal jeg definitivt strikke, takk for oppskriften!

mimouna sa...

Flott lue, takk for at du deler oppskriften. Da har jeg kanskje funnet det rette prosjektet for noen enslige nøster tykt garn. :o)

Chicago Sarah sa...

Love the hat! :) Thanks for sharing

La Paloma sa...

this might be a dumb question but...
is this knit on dpn? or on a circular needle then transferred?

turvid sa...

Sarah: I used a circular needle and later dpns. You could also use dpns all the way or magic loop.

Anonym sa...

I just knitted this hat twice--once for me in pink and once for my boyfriend in charcoal gray. I just started kintting, and it was my first hat! The pattern is so easy to follow, and it really is a great hat! Thank you so much for posting this pattern.

Kate sa...

HI! I love this hat pattern. Thanks! I made one and put your pattern link on my blog with my finished hat. Thank you! I am making one in every color, it is going to make Christmas knitting that much easier...

http://onesweetsunnyday.blogspot.com/

Emmy sa...

This was a great knit! Thanks for sharing!
pic

kazeyama sa...

hi turvid...wowww norway..i here you have schools there where kids are out all day long...my dream in cananda.....i have knit 4 of your tuva hats not in slouch more beanie with a chunky local artists wool merino and silk....2 for my sisters in law 1 for my neice and one friend....they are so gorgeous ill ravelry a photo soon thanks for such a fun pattern i could knit it forever...such a nice rythm
char from nova scotia